QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Reproduction Patterns

Hay Bale by Edyta Sitar at Laundry Basket Quilts
Here are a few wonderful reproduction quilt patterns available now.

Farmers' Market by Edyta Sitar at Laundry Basket Quilts

If you are thinking of a mid-19th-century reproduction, say a Civil-War-era quilt, you might choose one of these block quilts.

Wedding Sampler by Di Ford


Drayton Hall by Di Ford

Earlier inspiration for say 1812- or Jane-Austen-era reproductions would include medallions.

The Burnt Quilt by Di Ford


Phebe Warner by Di Ford

Netherfield Park by Megan Carroll


The English Basket Quilt by Corliss Searcy

I found many of these patterns at Corliss's Australian shop Threadbear. Click here:
See more of Edyta's Laundry Basket Quilts here

You can buy kits for some of these quilts but you can train your fabric eye and learn a lot about quilt history by buying the pattern and then collecting the reproductions.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts, but way too much piecing for me, lol.
    I still need practice on some small ones and once I feel comfortable with my quilting abilities, I think I can move onto larger pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my, too much of a good thing, I love the basket quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first quilt is wonderful ... it should win best scrappy quilt of the century. Drayton Hall also shows great use of fabric.

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been considering a medallion style quilt for my 1812 reproduction quilt. I was thinking of incorporating applique with it but I like those you showed with pieced blocks.

    ReplyDelete